WADA’s 20th anniversary
We now accept abstracts for the 2019 INDR conference. Abstracts can be submitted by following this link. Deadline for abstract submission is 1st April 2019.
The theme of the conference is WADA’s 20th anniversary in 2019.
The INDR wants to mark the anniversary with a conference that focuses on the achievements, dilemmas and challenges WADA has faced in the first two decades of the 21st century and will be facing in the decades to come.
Conference dates: 22nd-23rd August 2019
Venue: Aarhus University, Denmark
The conference will focus on topics and issues such as the prevalence of doping in sport, athletes’ rights, the potential of threshold-limits in testing, doctors’ involvement in sport, the introduction of intelligence and large-scale interventions in anti-doping and new aspects of doping research.
Confirmed keynote speakers are:
- Professor Barrie Houlihan, Loughborough University (on anti-doping policy, compliance and the WADC).
- Professor Sue Backhouse, Leeds Beckett University (on the challenges and possibilities in researching doping and anti-doping)
- Professor John Hoberman, University of Texas at Austin (on the WADA-Russia-IOC political struggle)
- Olivier de Hon, Manager Scientific Affairs at the Anti-Doping Authority of the Netherlands (on the delicate balance between AAF and cheating athletes)
- Associate Professor John Gleaves, California State University, Fullerton (on being an expert witness in the court case the United States vs. Lance Armstrong)
We are looking forward to receiving your abstracts. Questions regarding the conference or abstract submission should be directed to John Gleaves, jgleaves@Exchange.FULLERTON.EDU or Ask Vest Christiansen, email@example.com
Conference information will appear on our website (www.doping.au.dk) as it becomes available.