This information is intended to assist health care providers and help human enhancement drug users in obtaining advice and information on all types of human enhancement drugs. An overview is provided of different health care services, such as needle exchange clinics, physicians, and drug addiction clinics, which offer information, training, advice, support and other health care related services regarding human enhancement drugs (see ‘health Care Services’ tab). In addition, educational videos are provided to reduce (potential) harm that may come from using human enhancement drugs (e.g., Educational video regarding injecting steroids; see ‘HED education videos’).
- Dunn, M., McKay, F.H., & Iversen, J. (2014). Steroid users and the unique challenge they pose to needle and syringe program workers. Drug and Alcohol Review, 33(1), 71-77.
- Hope, V.D., McVeigh, J., Marongiu, A., Evans-Brown, M., Smith, J., Kimergård, A., Croxford, S., Beynon, C.M., Parry, J.V., Bellis, M.A., & Ncube, F. (2013). Prevalence of, and risk factors for, HIV, hepatitis B and C infections among men who inject image and performance enhancing drugs: a cross-sectional study. British Medical Journal, 3. DOI:10.1136/bmjopen-2013-003207
- Kimergård, A., & McVeigh, J. (2014). Environments, risk and health harms: a qualitative investigation into the illicit use of anabolic steroids among people using harm reduction services in the UK. British Medical Journal, 4(6).
Kimergård, A., & McVeigh, J. (2014). Variability and dilemmas in harm reduction for anabolic steroid users in the UK: a multi-area interview study. Harm Reduction Journal, 11(19), 1-13.
- McVeigh, J., Beynon, C., & Bellis, M.A. (2003). New Challenges for agency based syringe exchange schemes: analysis of 11 years of data (1991-2001) in Merseyside and Cheshire, United Kingdom. International Journal of Drug Policy, 14(5), 399-405.
- Kimergård, A. (2014a). What’s the problem, what’s the solution? Public health policies towards the use of anabolic steroids in an international perspective (conference paper). Paper presented at Public Health and Enhancement Drugs conference, Liverpool. Retrieved from http://www.cph.org.uk/people/andreaskimergard/.